The Institute of Physics in Ireland is preparing an "Initial Response" to the State Examination Commission.
A full report will be sent to the SEC after the Marking Schemes have been published and the meetings in Blackrock Education Centre and at Frontiers of Physics in September. If you have any comments on these papers please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org
A group will meet to discuss the Physics Exam papers on Tues 21st June starting at 7pm in Buswells Hotel, 23 Molesworth St. Dublin 2 (Opposite Dáil Eireann). Please let David Keenahan know if you can come along (email@example.com).
Other dates for your diary:
1. Robert Boyle Summer School Programme June 23rd – 26th 2016
(More info at: http://www.robertboyle.ie )
2. Frontiers of Physics 2016 takes place Sat 24th Sept 2016, in DIT, Grangegorman Campus, Dublin. (Prof. Mike Cruise is the keynote speaker. He was the lead investigator on LIGO Gravitational Wave detector. There will be lots of workshops and free resources).
Booking for meetings in DNA Profiling & Advanced IT are now open. There is also a Repeat of the Resource Roadshow. Application Form attached must go through the Limerick Office.
1. DNA Profiling – Killorglin Intermediate School – 8th March – 7pm
2.. DNA Profiling – Colaiste Mhuire, Ennis – 14th March – 7pm
3. Advanced IT – Dublin West Education Centre – 12th March – 7pm
4. Advanced IT – Cork Education Support Centre – 13th March – 7pm
5. Repeat Resource Roadshow (first presented in November 2011) – Laois Education Centre – 15th March – 7pm